ON AIR NOW

LISTEN NOW

Weather

Sponsored By: Two Men and a Truck
cloudy-day
89°
Partly Cloudy
H 91° L 77°
  • cloudy-day
    89°
    Current Conditions
    Partly Cloudy. H 91° L 77°
  • cloudy-day
    78°
    Morning
    Partly Cloudy. H 91° L 77°
  • cloudy-day
    91°
    Afternoon
    Partly Cloudy. H 93° L 78°
LISTEN
PAUSE
ERROR

The latest top stories

00:00 | 00:00

LISTEN
PAUSE
ERROR

The latest traffic report

00:00 | 00:00

LISTEN
PAUSE
ERROR

The latest forecast

00:00 | 00:00

More Galleries 

The Latest News Headlines

  • It’s news that Downtown drivers have been waiting for. The Florida Department of Transportation says they’re expecting to open the newly rebuilt lanes of I-95 northbound at the Overland Bridge project early next month. The southbound traffic shift will remain in effect for now.  The lanes that drivers have been using since early 2016, while the construction takes place, will now become what the FDOT calls collector/distributor lanes. What that means is those lanes will still be open, but will only drop off in Downtown, instead of reconnecting to the main highway after the bridges exit.  In essence, once the newly rebuilt lanes of I-95 northbound open, you will only use them if you intend to go to the Fuller Warren Bridge or beyond. If you want to get off at the Main Street Bridge, Acosta Bridge, or Prudential exit, you will take the collector/distributor lanes. The exit point for the collector/distributor lanes will remain the same, at the San Diego Road overpass, north of Emerson.  The same general concept will take effect when the southbound lanes reopen as well. In all, the FDOT expects the Overland Bridge project to be completed this fall.  The changes are designed to make traffic flow more safely and efficiently. The overhaul also addressed the fact that the highway was old and built at a time that traffic capacity was much lighter. In the months ahead of the start of the project, there were holes frequently opening on I-95 in that area because of age and traffic factors.  The FDOT has maintained a project website, where drivers can get further details about the changes.
  • At least 42 people were hurt in a train crash outside Philadelphia. >> Read more trending news >> Click here or scroll down for more
  • A homeless man’s call to police on Monday morning ended an hours-long search for a Louisiana infant who was kidnapped and then abandoned underneath a highway overpass, according to multiple reports. >> Read more trending news Authorities in Shreveport were called Monday morning by a homeless man who said that another man told him he had left a baby under a bridge in Minden, about 30 miles east of Shreveport, KTBS reported. The child and a man identified by authorities as 25-year-old Kyshaun Wilson had been reported missing around 3:30 a.m. Monday after Wilson left a home in Minden with the 2 1/2-month-old boy, according to the news station. KTBS described Wilson as a friend of the family who lived at the home on Columbia Street, but KSLA reported that he was not a blood relative to the boy. He was visiting the home on Sunday night and got up around midnight Monday to get the infant a bottle, according to KTBS. “For some reason unknown at this time, he walks out with the baby,” Minden police Chief Steve Cropper told the news station. Investigators told KSLA that Wilson walked for miles before he left the baby under an overpass on Interstate 20 around 3 a.m. He got a ride to Shreveport and went to Sam’s Town Hotel and Casino, where he met a homeless man and confessed to leaving the infant, the news station reported. The homeless man, who was not identified, called police, who were able to find Wilson. Wilson initially denied any knowledge of the missing child, but later admitted that he had left him under the overpass, the Minden Press-Herald reported. Police found the child wrapped in a blanket and sleeping underneath the Sibley exit bridge, according to KTBS and The Press-Herald. “The scariest thing about it -- if he were able to roll off that ledge, he would have hit that concrete retaining ledge and probably would have rolled right out into interstate,” Cropper told the Press-Herald. However, he told KTBS, “the child was fine. He had only a few minor abrasions.” The baby has since been released to his mother. Cropper told the Press-Herald that Wilson was arrested on one count of aggravated kidnapping. As authorities took him to police headquarters, Wilson said that “God told me to do it,” according to the Press-Herald.
  • A 23-year-old woman died and a second woman was injured Monday when a driver lost control of her car and struck them while they watched the solar eclipse in Kentucky, according to multiple reports. >> Read more trending news Authorities told WLKY that Alyssa Noble, 38, lost control of her car while driving on Main Street in Hyden on Monday afternoon, striking a utility pole and a pair of women who were watching the eclipse. Officials pronounced 23-year-old Mackenzie Hayes, of Hazard, dead at the scene of the crash. Rhonda Belcher, 41, of Wooton, was airlifted to the University of Kentucky Hospital, Kentucky State Police said in a news release obtained by The Courier-Journal. The newspaper reported that Hayes and Belcher were watching the eclipse around 1:15 p.m. near the courthouse in Hyden when the crash happened. It was not immediately clear what caused Noble to lose control of her vehicle. WKYT reported that Noble was taken to Holston Valley Medical Center in Kingsport, Tennessee, after the collision. Hayes and Belcher worked at Primary Care Centers of Eastern Kentucky, according to the news station. They were on their lunch break when they were struck while stopping on the sidewalk to watch the eclipse, WKYT reported. In a statement obtained by the news station, Barry Martin, CEO of Primary Care Centers of Eastern Kentucky, called the crash “a tragic accident.” “We are asking that everyone keep all of those involved in your prayers and be respectful of their privacy,” Martin said. Police continue to investigate the crash.
  • A former star athlete at Georgia’s Paulding County High School was shot and killed Friday in a subdivision after a fight, police in Dallas, Georgia, said.  Tommy Lee Robinson, 18, had just left a football game at the school when he went to the Ivy Trace subdivision, Dallas police Capt. Bill Gorman told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. A fight broke out at a home and Robinson was shot and killed, Gorman confirmed. >> Read more trending news “There were two different groups of young people who have been at odds for a year ... and it came to a head Friday,” Gorman said. Police are still investigating why the two groups were fighting. They do not believe the shooting was gang-related.  Gorman said current and former Paulding County High students between the ages of 16 and 19 were involved in the incident that also injured 18-year-old Timothy Nelson. He suffered a gunshot wound to the leg and was treated at WellStar Paulding Hospital.  Authorities have not identified any suspects.  Surrounded by loved ones at a vigil Sunday, Robinson’s mother, Melinda Lee, said she hopes her son’s shooter comes forward.  “This is the last thing any mother wants to do,” she told WSBTV. “You see it over and over again, and you always hope to God it’s not you.”  Robinson, who played football in high school, graduated in the spring and was headed to college, according to the news station.

The Latest News Videos