ON AIR NOW

LISTEN NOW

Weather

cloudy-day
79°
Mostly Cloudy
H 81° L 63°
  • cloudy-day
    79°
    Current Conditions
    Mostly Cloudy. H 81° L 63°
  • cloudy-day
    77°
    Evening
    Mostly Cloudy. H 81° L 63°
  • cloudy-day
    65°
    Morning
    Partly Cloudy. H 81° L 56°
LISTEN
PAUSE
ERROR

The latest top stories

00:00 | 00:00

LISTEN
PAUSE
ERROR

The latest traffic report

00:00 | 00:00

LISTEN
PAUSE
ERROR

The latest forecast

00:00 | 00:00

More Galleries 

The Latest News Headlines

  • Mann Packing is voluntarily recalling various vegetable products sold at Walmart, Trader Joe's and Target over concerns of Listeria monocytogenes, according to the Food and Drug Administration. The company said “a single positive” test result in random sampling by the Canadian Food Inspection Agency sparked the decision to issue the recall notice. Listeria infection can cause fever, diarrhea, flu-like symptoms and even miscarriages. 'As an owner of this company and a mom, providing safe and healthy foods to our consumers and their families is always our top priority,' Gina Nucci, director of corporate marketing, said in a release. The recall includes Brussels sprouts, broccoli and vegetable medley products distributed throughout the United States and Canada with “best if used by” dates from Oct. 11 to 20. Affected items include: Walmart 12-oz. bags of broccoli cauliflower florets, broccoli florets and stir fry medley, 32-oz. bags of broccoli florets, 16-oz. bags of broccoli slaw, 10-ounce bags of cauliflower florets and super blend, 6/16-oz. bags of cauliflower and 2-lb. bags of vegetable medley. Trader Joe's, 10-ounce bags of kohlrabi salad blend. Archer Farms 12-oz. bags of broccoli slaw, broccoli cauliflower florets, broccoli medley and brussels sprouts, 9-oz. bags of shaved brussels sprouts and 10-oz. bags of cauliflower florets. Aldi supermarkets also issued recall notices for Mann products.
  • UPDATE: Around 9:35PM, JSO confirmed a body believed to be Amari was located in an underground water holding tank in Bruce Park.  Police say the tank had an opening on the ground which was large enough for Amari to fit in. At this time, they’re not saying if foul play is suspected or if this was an accident, saying only that they will conduct a full investigation. More than 50 officers, detectives, supervisors and other parties took part in the search, with police called in after family couldn’t locate Amari. JSO says their air and K9 units were also deployed. They continue to interview the people who were at the park- there was a large gathering with many of Amari’s family members- while also searching for surveillance and other evidence as part of their investigation. JSO says the vehicle they were searching for earlier as potentially involved in Amari’s disappearance has since been determined not to have any connection to this investigation. An autopsy is expected to take place Monday to determine the official cause of death. Amari’s family will also positively identify the body, although police say every indication is that the remains are those of Amari. ======= UPDATE: Around 8:50PM, JSO confirmed Amari’s body has been located. More information soon. ==== UPDATE: Around 8:30PM, the Florida Department of Law Enforcement canceled the Missing Child Alert. There is no update yet from JSO about the search. Check back for developing details. ==== Jacksonville police are searching for a three-year-old who was last seen at a birthday party at Bruce Park in Arlington. A Florida Missing Child Alert has been issued. JSO says Amari Harley is a black male who’s about 3’, 30 lbs, with short hair. He has two moles under his bottom lip, one on each side. He was last wearing a Darth Vader shirt, black shorts, and gold and black shoes. JSO was contacted at 4:43PM and was told that, at that time, the boy had been missing for one hour.  JSO is asking you to be on the lookout, because they’re unsure if he’s in that area of not. JSO further says a “candy apple bright green” longer body style vehicle may be involved in the boy’s disappearance. The car is described as having no tint and fancy rims, but the make and model is unknown. There were three black men in the back seat. If you see this vehicle, JSO wants you to call 911. If you have any information about Amari’s location or have seen him since 3:30PM, you’re asked to contact JSO at 904-630-0500 or JSOCrimeTips@jaxsheriff.org. You can also submit an anonymous tip and be eligible for a possible reward by calling Crime Stoppers at 1-866-845-TIPS.
  • Big weather changes are on the way, courtesy of a strong cold front that will bring in the coolest temps in months.  LISTEN:  Mike Buresh Daily Podcast Action News Jax Chief Meteorologist Mike Buresh says today will be warm and humid ahead of some storms.  “This afternoon and evening as a cold front gets closer in tandem with an upper level disturbance, we could see a thunderstorm develop. And a few of these storms may be quite strong. I don’t think they’ll be particularly widespread but we’ll have to keep an eye out this afternoon and evening”, said Buresh.  It will be much less humid by tomorrow, with temps in the 70's during the day. By Thursday morning we could fall into the 40's.    We gradually turn warmer for the end of the week and upcoming weekend. 
  • A 39-year-old man has been arrested for a sexual assault of a teenage girl on Jacksonville’s westside.  Bjorn Soyland was arrested Sunday on charges of kidnapping and sexual battery.  Several witnesses observed a man they believed matched the suspect description.  According to police, a 13-year-old girl was pulled in to a wooded area in the Wesconnett area on Saturday.  The victim reported that the suspect pulled her shirt to get her in to the woods.  The victim reported screaming for help during the attack, and the suspect fled the scene. Soyland has a scheduled court appearance Monday morning.  He is not eligible for bond at this time.      
  • It’s news that drivers have been waiting for. The Florida Department of Transportation opened northbound lanes of the Overland Bridge this weekend. Once the newly rebuilt lanes of the highway are open, that will be how drivers travel to get to the Fuller Warren and beyond. The lanes that currently carry I-95 northbound traffic will convert to serving as dedicated access for Downtown. The existing lanes will not reconnect to the new lanes at Downtown- it will drop all traffic off in Downtown. The FDOT will have new signage up to help drivers navigate the changes. The southbound lanes remain under construction. The FDOT says the overall project is slated for completion in early 2018.

The Latest News Videos