By Andy Hutchins
Florida's looking for its ninth straight win over Tennessee today. I'm looking to break 50 percent on predictions for the year.
- Both teams will score touchdowns.
Right. Tennessee waited until the fourth quarter to score its offensive touchdown.
- Florida will lead by double digits at some point in the game.
Right. Florida took a 17-7 lead and led by double digits until the end of the game after taking a 24-10 lead.
- Florida will hold a halftime lead.
Right. Florida led 17-7 at halftime.
- Jeff Driskel will throw for more than 200 yards and at least two touchdowns.
- Florida will have a run of more than 20 yards on the day.
Right. Tyler Murphy scampered for 28 yards on one scramble.
- Florida running backs will top 150 total yards. (Valdez Showers counts.)
Wrong. Florida running backs combined for exactly 150 total yards rushing and receiving.
- Florida running backs not named Matt Jones will combine for more than 12 carries.
Right. Mack Brown had 24 by himself.
- Ahmad Fulwood will have a catch for a first down.
Wrong. Driskel's first batted pass might have gone for one, though.
- Florida will score at least 30 points.
- Trey Burton will make a big play on offense.
Right. That catch over the middle certainly counts.
- Florida will get at least eight yards off a reverse and/or end-around.
Wrong. Neither Jones nor Solomon Patton could get that going.
- Dante Fowler will have at least one sack.
Right. Just the one.
- Dominique Easley will have at least one sack.
Wrong. Nope, and sigh.
- Antonio Morrison will lead Florida in tackles.
Wrong. Morrison led Florida in solo tackles, but Jaylen Watkins led in total tackles.
- Vernon Hargreaves III will start.
Right. VH3 started at nickel.
- Loucheiz Purifoy will make an interception.
Wrong. He tried to sky for one that would have been a phenomenal pick, though.
- At least two Tennessee quarterbacks will attempt passes.
Right. Happy about this one.
- Florida's defense will allow fewer than 4.5 yards per play.
- Florida will force at least two turnovers.
Right. Try six.
- Kyle Christy will boom a punt of 55-plus yards.
Wrong. I should stop predicting good things for him, maybe.
- Austin Hardin will make multiple field goals.
Wrong. He had a chance to do it.
- Florida will make a big play on special teams on a return.
Right. Patton's 38-yard return totally counts.
- Florida will win all four quarters.
Wrong. Florida lost the first quarter and tied the fourth.
- Florida will win.
Right. It was a gimme.
- The final score will be 33-13.
Wrong. But damn close.
Last Week: 14-of-25, 56 percent.
Season To Date: 37-of-75, 49.3 percent.
Andy Hutchins is Alligator Army's managing editor. Follow Alligator Army on Twitter and Facebook.