Jacksonville, FL - It’s time to break out the teal and black.
Just ahead of the Jaguars season opener this weekend, team leadership joined with city and business officials to unveil a new campaign called “Stand United Friday”.
This is a focus that will take place the Friday of every game day week and is first and foremost a spirit competition. Businesses and school will have a chance to compete for tickets to a home game by taking a picture sporting team gear and sharing it, then letting the fans vote on who is most spirited. The team is also trying to engage you through free pep rallies, bar promotions, even a regional scavenger hunt for a signed helmet.
“For the Jaguars to be successful, we have to do everything we can to give potential fans and current fans the opportunity to be engaged with the franchise,” says Jaguars President Mark Lamping.
Lamping says they do expect the excitement to translate in to ticket sales as well.
“When the stadium’s full, it’s a real home field advantage for our team, and that may provide that little extra spark and advantage that a young team might need,” he says.
But it’s also designed to increase the regional, national and global exposure of the city.
A new sign will be put at field level in the North end zone reading simply “Welcome to Jacksonville, Florida”. Jacksonville Mayor Alvin Brown hopes when audiences watching the game from all different locations see that message, they see everything the city has to offer.
“It’s a city that’s on the move, that’s open for business, and that has a great quality of life,” he says.
He says because the Jaguars are such a big contributor to the community- both as an economic driver and through interaction and support- the city is fully behind initiatives like this. He says being an NFL city is a great asset when attracting businesses looking to expand, and they are trying to spread the word on the ability to grow as much as possible through this partnership
Full details on the campaign can be found on jaguars.com/standunited. Here are some of the highlights:
- Free Stand United Fan Pep Rally this Thursday from 6:30-7:30 PM at Everbank Field, featuring comments from Head Coach Gus Bradley, players and more.
- Stand United spirit competition once each month for businesses and schools to compete for free tickets to a home game.
- The game against the Arizona Cardinals on November 17 will be the Stand United Salute to Service military appreciation game, admitting more than 5,000 military members and their families to the game.
- Regional scavenger hunt Fridays before home games in search of a signed Jaguars helmet driven by online clues.
- Bar appearances and promotions at more than 130 locations in and around Jacksonville with 20 bars hosting official Stand United Friday rallies which include guest appearances and give-aways.
- City-wide displays of spirit: the Friendship Fountain will turn teal every Friday, new signs and banners will be put up at the airport, and the Jacksonville Chamber is giving businesses decals to display.
- The East Club shop at Everbank will be open 10 AM-7 PM home game Fridays.