As the Senate Intelligence Committee began a new round of hearings Thursday on meddling by Russia in the 2016 campaign, Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL) revealed that his top campaign staffers had come under hacking attacks – as recently as yesterday – from internet addresses that led back to Russia. “Former members of my Presidential campaign team, who had access to the internal information of my campaign were targeted,” Rubio said, saying the first attack occurred in July of 2016, just after he had announced he would run for re-election to the U.S. Senate. “10:45 am yesterday, a second attempt was made – again, against former members of my Presidential campaign team,” Rubio told the hearing. Earlier in the day, an expert on Russia’s cyber attacks in 2016 told the one-time Presidential hopeful, that he was clearly on Moscow’s attack list. “Senator Rubio, in my opinion, you anecdotally suffered from these efforts,” said Clint Watts, a cyber and homeland security expert at George Washington University. “All candidates were targeted,” Watts told reporters after the hearing, “it hurt him, but it also hurt people like Jeb Bush; it hurt other candidates on the Republican side.” Rubio urged both parties not to miss the overall point of the Russian attacks. “This is an coordinated effort across multiple spectrums to sow instability, and to pit Americans against one another, politically, socioeconomically, demographically, and the like,” said the Florida Republican.