- Twins born 24 days apart in Boston
- Man arrested again for sex act with inflatable pool raft
- Waitress finally gets $1,000 Mother's Day tip
- 6th baby dies in 'Nap Nanny' recliner; officials urge owners to stop using product
- Neighbor captures video of kids kicking, throwing puppy
A motorist was arrested early today after he drove a car through the front of CNN Center in downtown Atlanta, police said.
The Mercedes-Benz convertible crashed through the glass facade on the Marietta Street side of the building shortly after 4 a.m.
No injuries were reported, but Atlanta police spokesman John Chafee said the car’s driver was arrested.
“Officers found the driver in possession of marijuana,” Chafee said, adding that the man admitted to officers that he had smoked marijuana earlier.
He said Gerlmy Javon Todd, 22, of Gainesville, Fla., was charged with DUI, reckless driving and possession of marijuana. He has an extensive record in Florida, mostly drug-related offenses, records show.
Dominique Ayers said she is in town for a conference, and was in her hotel room when she heard a “loud boom."
“There was a car in the lobby of the hotel. Not what I’m expecting at 4 o’clock in the morning.”
— Atlanta Journal-Constitution photographer John Spink contributed to this article.