- Message in a bottle found after a century at sea
- Blood moon' attracts stargazers, conspiracy theories
- Woman arrested after 7 dead babies found in Utah home
- Woman living in luxury sentenced for stealing up to $377,000 in government benefits
- Bear attack leaves woman injured but alive in Florida suburb
An infant is in critical condition days after his mother said she gave birth in a Florida motel bathtub while on a crack-cocaine binge.
Department of Children and Families spokeswoman Kristi Gray said the agency has taken custody of the baby and his 11-month-old brother. The baby was born Friday night in Ocala.
The Ocala Star-Banner reports 37-year-old Chrystal A. Hassell called 911 after the baby started turning blue.
She was arrested on child neglect charges. Officials said she's on suicide watch at the Marion County Jail.
Hassell said she didn't know she was pregnant until March. The baby was born prematurely.
Her boyfriend, Vincent Terry, who is also in jail, told the newspaper the couple attended a court hearing Tuesday to determine the status of the children.
— The Associated Press contributed to this report.