The International Business Times compiled a list of notable quotes from Maya Angelou. Here are some their picks.
1. “Courage is the most important of all the virtues, because without courage you can't practice any other virtue consistently. You can practice any virtue erratically, but nothing consistently without courage.”
2. There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you.
3. “I’ve learned that you shouldn’t go through life with a catcher’s mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.”
4. “In all my work, I try to say - 'You may be given a load of sour lemons, why not try to make a dozen lemon meringue pies?'”
5. “History, despite its wrenching pain, cannot be unlived, but if faced with courage, need not be lived again.”
6. “We may encounter many defeats but we must not be defeated.”
7. “No sun outlasts its sunset but will rise again and bring the dawn.”
8. “I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.”
Read the full list of Angelou's quotes at International Business Times