- This Pit-Bull-Dachshund mix looks exactly like you'd think
- Man finds moving goodbye note from wife of 60 years
- This chilling Super Bowl ad may leave living rooms quiet on game day
- Three brothers recreate childhood photos for epic family calendar
- Walmart asks greeter to stop saying 'Have a blessed day'
A 3-year-old reportedly shot his father and pregnant mother Saturday at an Albuquerque, New Mexico, motel.
According to CNN, the toddler found the loaded handgun in his mom's purse. He fired a shot, which hit his father in the lower back, exited the man's hip and struck his mother's shoulder, police said.
Both parents were taken to the hospital and treated, CNN reported. The father was released, but the mother is in stable condition.
“That’s scary," Robb Robillard, who was staying in a nearby room, told KRQE in Albuquerque. "You need to keep your guns put up, and you need to have locks on them."
The state's Children Youth and Families department took the boy and his 2-year-old sister into custody. The District Attorney's Office reportedly is looking into whether the parents will face charges.