Here's a roundup of news trending across the nation and world today.
What to know now:
- No wiretapping : In a hearing on Capitol Hill Monday, FBI Director James Comey confirmed that his agency is investigating whether President Donald Trump’s associates colluded with Russian officials to interfere in the 2016 presidential election. Comey, along with National Security Agency head Admiral Mike Rogers, answered questions for more than five hours about the Russians, wiretaps, spies and Hillary Clinton. Comey said that there was no wiretapping of Trump Tower, that Russia "hates" Clinton and wanted her to lose, and that officials believe both political parties were hacked in 2016 but only Democratic emails have been released so far.
- Gorsuch hearing : Senate Judiciary Committee members will take turns questioning U.S. Supreme Court nominee Neil Gorsuch Tuesday on the second day of his confirmation hearing. On Monday, in addition to explaining why they did not want Gorsuch to be the next Supreme Court justice, Democrats attacked President Trump for comments about judges who issued rulings he did not like. Gorsuch, if confirmed, will take the seat made vacant with the death of Justice Antonin Scalia last year.
- Device ban : Passengers on flights from eight countries will no longer be allowed to bring most electronic devices – laptops, iPads and cameras included – in carry-on luggage starting Tuesday. According to officials, the ban applies to nonstop flights from Cairo in Egypt; Amman in Jordan; Kuwait City in Kuwait; Casablanca in Morocco; Doha in Qatar; Riyadh and Jeddah in Saudi Arabia; Istanbul in Turkey; and Abu Dhabi and Dubai in the United Arab Emirates.
- Missing teen : The brother of a Tennessee teenager who went missing with her 50-year-old school teacher said just prior to her disappearance, his sister shared a bizarre post on Instagram about a character from the movie “Beauty and the Beast.” James Thomas said his sister Beth’s post read: “Every beauty needs her beast to protect her from everything but him.” Days before the two disappeared, a student caught Thomas and her teacher, Tad Cummings, kissing in a school classroom, authorities said.
- Ivanka’s new office : Ivanka Trump has been given an office in the West Wing of the White House, though she is not technically a government employee, nor will she receive a salary. She has been seen at various White House functions during the past two months, has participated in some meetings and accompanied her father to receive the body of a special operations serviceman who was killed during a mission.
And one more
The jersey that New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady wore during the Super Bowl has been found in Mexico by the FBI. The jersey was found in the "possession of a credentialed member of the international media," according to a statement by the agency. Authorities also recovered a second Brady jersey and a helmet from another player.
In case you missed it
It’s from a couple of years ago, but it’s trending again.