Trending on Facebook
- Store greeter runs to put out fire, loses job for leaving post
- Fla. man pays off $20K in gifts at Walmart
- Hours after getting married, groom dies helping motorist
- Doctors perform emergency C-section, find no baby
- Lawsuit: 'Dying or possibly already dead' man forcibly discharged from hospital
Surveillance video from a Seattle bus shows heroic passengers tackling a robbery suspect who police say pulled a gun and robbed riders.
Travonnte Brown was arrested on charges of threatening bus riders with a gun and stealing their cellphones.
It happened on the Metro Rapid Ride C route from Seattle to West Seattle on November 25. The King County Prosecutor’s Office released the video Wednesday night.
The video shows Brown wearing a black coat with the hood up. Police said he had on a nylon mask when he pointed his gun in the face of a woman on the bus and then robbed two men.
One passenger grabbed the gun and tackled Brown. Other passengers jumped on top to hold him down until police arrived.
The video shows there were two children caught in the middle of the struggle.
Brown, 19, is in the King County Jail. He pleaded not guilty to robbery charges on Monday. That same day, prosecutors added an additional charge. Police said Brown stole a cellphone from a passenger at another bus stop.
If Brown is convicted, he could spend more than 15 years in prison.
Previous stories from KIRO-TV: