View mobile site
Follow us on
Where Jacksonville Listens Live for Severe Weather and Breaking News
Hi, (not you?) | Member Center | Sign Out
Sign In | Register
Posted: 4:42 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 25, 2012
By Alyssa Spirato
Jacksonville, FL —
A building near Cecil Commerce Center responsible for making rechargable batteries is evacuated Wednesday afternoon.
Tom Francis with Jacksonville Fire- Rescue says the incident happened at Saft America on the 13500 block of Water Works St. after there was a light haze observed in the area.
Two people were transported to the hospital in non-critical condition.
The Hazmat team gave the all clear around 4:30 pm.
© 2013 Cox Media Group. By using this website,
Already have an account? Sign In
We have sent you a confirmation email. Please check your email and click on the link to activate your account.
We look forward to seeing you frequently. Visit us and sign in to update your profile, receive the latest news and keep up to date with mobile alerts.
Don't worry, it happens. We'll send you a link to create a new password.
We have sent you an email with a link to change your password.
We've sent an email with instructions to create a new password. Your existing password has not been changed.
To sign in you must verify your email address. Fill out the form below and we'll send you an email to verify.
Check your email for a link to verify your email address.