- Legos washing up on English beaches
- Giant flying bug with fangs discovered in China
- Must-see: Viral photo shows dog guarding its dying companion
- Man accused of groping swimmers at Florida resort says it was 'misunderstanding'
- Woman walks away from 120 mph drag racing crash
Even the Queen of England can’t resist the chance for a little photobombing action.
The Daily Mail reports that Queen Elizabeth was in Glasgow for the beginning of the Commonwealth Games. After the Australian women’s hockey team defeated Malaysia 4-0, teammates were posing for a selfie when the queen came out of a door and paused behind a fence.
When the image was taken, Queen Elizabeth is seen smiling for the camera, just behind and to the left of the players.
The queen seemed to enjoy the impromptu photo session, decked out in a green dress and turquoise hat with feathers.
The players were thrilled with the royal photobomb selfie, which was immediately posted on Twitter and Instagram.
Team members said the Queen was just as delightful when speaking to them after their victory.
As true competitors, the Australian women’s hockey team posted a Twitter challenge for Ellen DeGeneres, who scored an epic celebrity selfie at the Oscars this year.
They claim their royal selfie is superior.