TRAFFIC ALERT:

CONSTRUCTION I-95 SB off-ramp to Philips; Use Caution

ON AIR NOW

LISTEN NOW

Weather

clear-night
57°
Clear
H 82° L 62°
  • clear-night
    57°
    Current Conditions
    Mostly Sunny. H 82° L 62°
  • clear-day Created with Sketch.
    79°
    Afternoon
    Mostly Sunny. H 82° L 62°
  • cloudy-day Created with Sketch.
    76°
    Evening
    Partly Cloudy. H 82° L 62°
LISTEN
PAUSE
ERROR

The latest top stories

00:00 | 00:00

LISTEN
PAUSE
ERROR

The latest traffic report

00:00 | 00:00

LISTEN
PAUSE
ERROR

The latest forecast

00:00 | 00:00

Taco Bell to take orders via mobile app

Trending on Facebook

More Popular and trending stories

If you’re just not a fan of waiting in line, and fast food just isn’t fast enough, Taco Bell might have a solution for you. 

“The restaurant is developing an app that will allow customers to order and pay for their food using a cellphone.” (Via KHQA)

Nation’s Restaurant News first reported the news, saying Taco Bell's main demographic would be young Millennials. Jeff Jenkins, mobile leader for the chain, said, “For these kids, it’s not whether you have a smartphone; it’s which smartphone do you have … If you can get 10 million people to download your app, you’re putting a portal to Taco Bell in 10 million pockets.”

“To make sure your meal is hot and ready the app will even use a GPS locator to track you; once you get close to the restaurant the app will alert the kitchen so they can start prepping your food.” (Via WPHL)

The idea of using a mobile app to order lunch is nothing new — Chipotle has been leading the pack in mobile ordering. But Taco Bell plans to take it a step further than its competitors. (Via 

According to The Verge, “You'll be able to choose whether to pick up your food in store or via the drive-thru. So if you show up and see a long stretch of cars, you can go inside for faster service. (A separate pick up section will be established for mobile orders, speeding up the process even further.)”

This news could be coming at just the right time, as a survey by the National Restaurant Association late last year showed, "Half of all adults say they would use a smartphone or tablet app to place takeout/delivery orders, while three-quarters of 18-to-34-year-olds say the same."

Nation’s Restaurant News also notes McDonald’s and Chick-fil-A are said to be testing mobile apps. Taco Bell is expected to roll out its app later this year. 

Read More
VIEW COMMENTS

There are no comments yet. Be the first to post your thoughts. or Register.

The Latest News Headlines

  • A Clay County family has been left with nothing after a fire at Highland Apartments. Clay County Fire Rescue said the flames destroyed all of their belongings. Neighbors said rescue crews flew through the complex shortly after 11 a.m. Sunday. “I just saw a lot of smoke,' neighbor Ron Winstead told Action News Jax. 'I couldn’t really see but maybe 20-30 feet in front of me because it was so smoky. It was really bad.” Officials said the fire started in apartment 1102 and quickly spread, impacting four apartments and severely damaging two units. Fire rescue officials said a child alerted adults to the fire in a bedroom. There were no working smoke detectors in the unit, they said. It took 33 firefighters from Clay County, St. Johns County and Orange Park 20 minutes to get control of the flames. No people or pets were injured. Red Cross assisted tenants, all of whom are being housed in other units onsite. The State Fire Marshall is investigating what caused the fire.
  • Six people were sent to the hospital after a car collided with a Jacksonville Transportation Authority bus on Normandy and I-295.  In the crash report from the Florida Highway Patrol, the bus was traveling east on Normandy Boulevard in the outside lane. A Chevrolet Malibu was attempting to turn left onto I-295 South on the ramp from Normandy Boulevard failing to yield to oncoming traffic and collided with the bus.  After the initial impact, the bus then collided with another car and then continues on Normandy before colliding with a traffic control power box on the right shoulder.  The driver of the Chevy Malibu, the driver of the bus, and the four passengers were taken to the hospital with minor injuries.  The driver of the Chevy will be facing failure to yield to oncoming traffic charges. 
  • A number of questions remain, after a woman was found dead on the Northside.   According to the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office, the woman was found dead inside a home off 59th Street, though they aren't revealing how she died or her identity at this time.   However, police tell us the woman's car is missing.   They're now trying to find the gold 2010 Buick Lacrosse, with Florida tag 275LLJ.
  • A beloved music teacher from San Jose Elementary will no doubt be on the hearts and minds of students and staff as they return from spring break. Deborah Liles was found dead in her Panama Park home on the northside late last week. Her car was recovered over the weekend not far from her home. Liles' gold 2010 Buick LaCrosse was found on Golfair Boulevard on Saturday and JSO is now asking for the public's help identifying who was driving it.  Neighbors said police found the car behind an abandoned house near Notter Avenue. Police call the case a murder, and Liles’ children said she'd been a victim of several crimes in the past. “I don’t know about the circumstances. I don’t know if they’re coincidences happening. I don’t know if there’s a connection between what happened then and what happened now,' Liles' daughter Rachel Sirmans said. 'We really want to find those answers.” 'Just the condolences, completely unknown numbers that text us…I was your mother's music student in third grade and I'm in high school now”, said Liles’ son Gerald. JSO says this is an active ongoing investigation.   Anyone who knows anything about this murder is asked to contact the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office at 904-630-0500 or email JSOCrimeTips@jaxsheriff.org. To remain anonymous and receive a possible reward up to $3,000 contact Crime Stoppers at 1-866-845-TIPS.
  • Antonia Lopez, a Nebraska teen who admitted to throwing her newborn baby out the window, won't be serving any jail time, the Omaha World-Herald reports. On Friday, Douglas County Juvenile Court Judge Christopher Kelly ordered Lopez to be placed on probation, live in a group home, take part in individual and family therapy, delete her Facebook account and perform 50 hours of community service, according to the World-Herald. In September, Lopez, 16, reportedly gave birth to a baby girl in her apartment, then threw the baby out the window. She then texted her boyfriend, “It was a girl by the way,” and admitted her crime to her mother, the World-Herald reported. She told police that she was unaware that she was pregnant and thought she was just having her period. >> Read more trending news An autopsy revealed that the infant, who later died, was still breathing at the time the blunt-force injuries were sustained. It also showed that Lopez had been pregnant for 25 to 28 weeks.  “She’s coping the best she can,” Lopez’s defense attorney Rebecca McClung said, adding that her client thought the child was a stillborn. “The mother is coping the best she can. The grandmother is coping the best she can.” Lopez was initially charged as an adult with felony child abuse resulting in death, which could have meant 20 years in prison. However, in February, her case was transferred to juvenile court after her mental state and lack of criminal record were considered, the World-Herald reported. She reportedly was ordered to live in a group home because judges were concerned that she didn’t understand the severity of her actions. The Facebook deletion order stemmed from her receiving numerous negative comments on her page following her arrest, the World-Herald reported. Read more here.

The Latest News Videos