More Popular Headlines
- Atlanta Delta pilot becomes inadvertent Internet darling after actress tweet
- Sexually explicit scene shocks families at 'Frozen' showing
- Urban Meyer's BCS argument comes back to haunt him
- Help make a boy’s Christmas wish come true: Send him mail
- "Wildly provocative" post birth selfie causing grief for new mother
A New Jersey man is apparently is a very sound sleeper, or has a very high tolerance for pain. Police in Trenton say the 42-year-old awoke after a 10-hour slumber with a pain in his back --- which turned out to be a five-inch knife stuck in his back.
After waking up, the unnamed victim couldn't figure out what was causing his backache. So, he asked his brother to take a look to see if he could find anything wrong. According to Trenton police Lt. Mark Kieffer, that's when the brother informed him of his unusual condition. “His brother said he had a knife blade protruding from his back," said Kieffer.
According to NJ.com, the victim claims he had been drinking that night and stepped out onto his porch to have a cigarette.
That's when another man approached the victim to ask him for a light. When the victim refused, a fistfight broke out between the two men. That's when the unnamed suspect reportedly stabbed the victim in the back … without the victim realizing it.
Police have been unable to track down the attacker, and say the stabbing victim has not been cooperating in their investigation.
NJ.com reports the man is expected to survive his injuries.