Jacksonville, FL. -
Everyone who has ever been to Everbank Field knows there is a tight playlist of “go-to” songs to get the crowd amped up as the Jags attempt to do anything besides go three-and-out.
Chances are if you grew up in the 90’s you owned some of these songs on one of the “Jock Jams” CDs that were so popular during that decade.
There’s always been heavy debate on these tracks though: Do they do the trick of making tens of thousands of fans rise to their feet, or are they too corny to accomplish anything outside of a embarrassing memory or two?
Billboard.com has decided to add fuel to the fire by ranking what they think are the "The 100 Greatest Jock Jams of All Time."
There were five official volumes of the "Jock Jams" series with a total of 107 songs, but this list isn't limited to those. There are even some recent 'jock jams' on the list.
Here's the Top 10:
1. "We Will Rock You", Queen, 1977
2. "Welcome to the Jungle", Guns N' Roses, 1987
3. "Hip Hop Hooray", Naughty By Nature, 1993
4. "Kernkraft 400", Zombie Nation, 1999
5. "Seven Nation Army", The White Stripes, 2003
6. "Eye of the Tiger", Survivor, 1982
7. "Rock and Roll Part 2", Gary Glitter, 1972
8. "Jump Around", House of Pain, 1992
9. "Crazy Train", Ozzy Osbourne, 1981
10. "Get Ready for This", 2 Unlimited, 1991
Other songs on the list that feel slightly dated at this point: "Whoomp! (There It Is)", "The Final Countdown", and the 90’s techno mega-hit "Sandstorm"
Since you're probably wondering, C&C Music Factory's "Gonna Make You Sweat (Everybody Dance Now)" is at #25.
You can check out the full list over at Billboard.com.