ON AIR NOW

LISTEN NOW

Weather

Sponsored By: Two Men and a Truck
cloudy-day Created with Sketch.
66°
Few Clouds
H 84° L 63°
  • cloudy-day Created with Sketch.
    66°
    Current Conditions
    Sunny. H 84° L 63°
  • clear-day Created with Sketch.
    78°
    Afternoon
    Sunny. H 84° L 63°
  • clear-day Created with Sketch.
    80°
    Evening
    Sunny. H 84° L 63°
LISTEN
PAUSE
ERROR

The latest top stories

00:00 | 00:00

LISTEN
PAUSE
ERROR

The latest traffic report

00:00 | 00:00

LISTEN
PAUSE
ERROR

The latest forecast

00:00 | 00:00

More Galleries 
President Donald Trump, first lady Melania Trump and their entourage – including first daughter Ivanka Trump and her husband, Jared Kushner – met Pope Francis at the Vatican during the president’s trip to Italy.
VIEW COMMENTS

There are no comments yet. Be the first to post your thoughts. or Register.

The Latest News Headlines

  • An explosion was reported near Manchester Arena in the U.K. where an Ariana Grande concert was being held on Monday. Greater Manchester police said early Tuesday that at least 22 people were killed and dozens injured in the incident, which they believe was a terrorist attack conducted by a male suicide bomber. Children were among the dead. >> Read more trending news BBC News reported that police have warned people to avoid the area around the venue amid reports of an explosion around 10:35 p.m. local time. >> Related: Photos: Explosion, fatalities at Ariana Grande concert in England
  • A deadly blast after an Ariana Grande concert Monday night at England's Manchester Arena has killed at least 22 people and injured 119 others, authorities said. Here's what we know so far:  >> Police: At least 22 dead after explosion near Ariana Grande concert in Manchester 1. The explosion happened after Grande had left the stage and concertgoers were leaving. Witnesses reported hearing the explosion near the exit about 10:30 p.m. local time, The Associated Press reported. “A huge bomb-like bang went off that hugely panicked everyone, and we were all trying to flee the arena,” Majid Khan, 22, told the AP. “It was one bang, and essentially everyone from the other side of the arena where the bang was heard from suddenly came running towards us as they were trying to exit.” 2. Police have released the name of the man they think was behind the terrorist attack. Fox News reported that the suspected suicide bomber, 22-year-old Salman Abedi, died at the scene after “detonating an improvised explosive device,' according to authorities. Police on Tuesday arrested Abedi’s brother, 23-year-old Ismail, BBC News reported. Greater Manchester police have made a total of six arrests in the case. Anti-terror authorities in Libya said they have arrested Abedi’s brother, 18-year-old Hashim, and his father, Ramadan, in Tripoli. The AP reported that Hashim Abedi was taken into custody after he “confessed that both he and his brother were a part of the Islamic State group and that Hashim Abedi had been aware of the details of the attack.” The Islamic State group has claimed responsibility for the attack, the AP reported. >> PHOTOS: Explosion, fatalities at Ariana Grande concert in England 3. Children were among the dead, police said. Meanwhile, families were searching for loved ones who attended the concert as more names of the dead were released.  >> Manchester explosion: Here’s what we know about the victims 4. Grande said she was 'broken' over the news. 'From the bottom of my heart, I am so so sorry. I don't have words,' tweeted the pop star, who was not hurt in the incident. >> See the tweet here >> Ariana Grande says she's 'broken' over deadly explosion after Manchester concert Her management team announced on Wednesday that she was suspending her tour through June 5. 'Due to the tragic events in Manchester, the Dangerous Woman tour with Ariana Grande has been suspended until we can further assess the situation and pay our proper respects to those lost,' Grande's management team said in a statement to ABC News. 'We ask at this time that we all continue to support the city of Manchester and all those families affected by this cowardice and senseless act of violence.' Her manager, Scooter Braun, also issued a statement. 'Tonight, our hearts are broken. Words cannot express our sorrow for the victims and families harmed in this senseless attack,' he wrote. >> Read more trending news 'We mourn the lives of children and loved ones taken by this cowardly act. We are thankful for the selfless service tonight of Manchester's first responders who rushed towards danger to help save lives. We ask all of you to hold the victims, their families, and all those affected in your hearts and prayers.' >> See the post here 5. President Donald Trump called those behind the attack 'losers.' 'So many young, beautiful, innocent people living and enjoying their lives murdered by evil losers in life,” Trump said Tuesday in Bethlehem. “I won’t call (the attackers) monsters, because they would like that term. They would think that’s a great name. I will call them, from now on, losers because that’s what they are, they’re losers.” >> Trump condemns 'evil losers' behind Manchester attack >> Watch his remarks here British Prime Minister Theresa May called the apparent attack “the worst ever to hit the north of England.” “It is now beyond doubt the people of Manchester have fallen victim to a callous terrorist attack,” she said. She added that authorities know the name of the suspected perpetrator but will not reveal his identity yet.
  • A Texas man is facing child sex abuse charges after a girl was caught accessing pornography on a school iPad to learn more about what he does to her, according to an affidavit filed by police. The 9-year-old told a teacher at San Antonio’s Elm Creek Elementary School that Anthony Garay sexually abused her 'all the time at night,' according to KSAT and the Houston Chronicle. >> Read more trending news The shocked teacher reportedly called Child Protective Services, who interviewed the child. After the interview, police arrested Garay, 31. He’s been investigated – but not charged – by CPS in prior sexual abuse cases. Garay was subsequently charged with a first-degree felony for continuous sexual abuse of a child. He is being held on $75,000 bond in the Bexar County Jail.
  • The CEO of the Wounded Warrior Project is speaking to Action News Jax about the results of a government investigation into the organization. Sen. Chuck Grassley started looking into the charity after investigations revealed lavish spending. The new Wounded Warrior Project's CEO Michael Linnington wanted to discuss the changes they've made and talk about a few findings in Grassley's report that he disagrees with. But beyond that, he said he's ready for the organization to put this behind them and move forward with helping veterans. Jacksonville National Cemetery needs help laying flags on graves 'It was what I needed,' said Army veteran William Tatakamotonga. 'It was something I'd never be able to do on my own.' It's veterans like Tatakamotonga that Linnington is focused on following a year-long investigation by Grassley. 'Opening our books to the Senator's investigative team and really explaining to them what we do and how we can improve,' Linnington said. Grassley's nearly 500-page report was released Wednesday. In the report, Grassley credits Wounded Warrior Project for working with him and changes the organization made following reports of lavish spending and questions about how money was spent on veterans. 'We made it a point to be more transparent and accountable this year,' Linnington said. But Grassley said more needs to be done, including better informing the public of its goals. Grassley pointed out an ad that said the organization spent $65.4 million dollars on long-term support programs. Grassley said that money was just transferred to a trust and not spent on veterans. Middleburg woman arrested for 'making out' with 14-year-old boy 'The senator's report does not agree with the fact that that is a program expense. We think it is,' Grassley said. But regardless, Linnington said they're focused on improving and moving past the investigation and getting back to the veterans they serve. 'Our logo speaks to what our mission is. It's about honoring and empowering our nation's wounded warriors,' Linnington said. Grassley released the following statement: 'It's good news that the Wounded Warrior Project used negative findings to try to turn itself around. Some high profile charities do the opposite when confronted with problems. They hunker down instead of embracing their responsibilities to the people who are meant to benefit from their charitable mission, the donating public and the taxpayers. It's the taxpayers who forgo revenue to the federal Treasury to make tax-exempt organizations possible. The Wounded Warrior Project is right to recognize why it exists and what it needs to do to restore the public's trust.' Click here to read Grassley's report. Wounded Warrior Project released the following statement addressing the report's findings: 'We appreciate Senator Grassley and his team working together with us on this comprehensive memo, and we share in his optimism about Wounded Warrior Project's future in service to those who have given so much for our country.'Throughout the process, our team has had multiple conversations with Senator Grassley's staff, including in-person meetings, and provided detailed written information. As noted in the memo, we've been forthcoming and transparent in providing information about Wounded Warrior Project, how donor dollars are invested, and how we deliver programs to those we serve. 'Over the last year, as the report outlines, we've made significant changes to ensure that we are focused on running the most efficient, effective organization possible. We've brought in new leadership at the CEO level, consolidated positions on the executive team, made alterations and new appointments to the Board of Directors, updated our travel and expense policies, and adjusted our programs and services to focus on mental health care, long-term support, and areas that allow warriors to connect with their communities. 'We respectfully disagree with the memo's assessment of the Long Term Support Trust. Currently no government program exists that allows severely wounded warriors to continue to live in familiar settings and receive care should they lose their caregiver. The Trust dedicates funds for the future to ensure care will continue so they can maintain their independence, instead of being placed in a nursing home or other institution. We remain firmly committed to serving the long term needs of those most critically injured, and we follow all IRS and accounting rules in reporting on this program. 'We also respectfully disagree with the memo's conclusion on the percent of donor funds spent on program services for warriors. As the memo itself makes clear, we calculate this percentage based on accounting rules and IRS requirements. We are confident that we are putting donor dollars to good use serving warriors, family members, and caregivers. 'We look forward to another impactful year of helping our wounded warriors and families. We're humbled to be recognized as a top charity operating with transparency by the Better Business Bureau, Charity Navigator and GuideStar.
  • The Bradford County Sheriff's Office is searching for a man, accused of sexual battery on a child, who they say cut off his ankle monitor and fled.Deputies said Michael Case already made his first appearance, bonded out and had to wear an ankle monitor and remain on house arrest while awaiting trial. #ANjaxBREAKING: #BradfordCounty deputies say Michael Case is on the run after cutting off his ankle monitoring device. @ActionNewsJax pic.twitter.com/kh62afttZ1-- Russell Colburn (@RussellANjax) May 24, 2017 Case is accused of sexual battery on a juvenile. According to court documents, the victim is less than 12 years old. On Tuesday, Case was supposed to enter a plea and did not show up to court. #ANjaxBREAKING: Case is accused of sexual misconduct on a juvenile over 12. Was supposed to enter plea Tuesday, but cut off monitor & fled. pic.twitter.com/c6Ym2sBpG6-- Russell Colburn (@RussellANjax) May 24, 2017 Action News Jax's Russell Colburn saw social media posts about Case cutting his ankle monitor and informed BCSO; a rep said they 'didn't know' and had to check. Deputies determined he had cut the monitor off and they went looking for him. #ANjaxBREAKING: @ActionNewsJax saw posts about the case on social media & informed #BradfordCounty SO. Rep 'didn't know' & had to confirm. pic.twitter.com/WCcXRsKuDS-- Russell Colburn (@RussellANjax) May 24, 2017 As of Wednesday, Case's attorney, Andrew Bonderud, tells Action News Jax he is no longer representing Case. Bonderud gave Action News Jax the following statement:'Mr. Case professes his innocence and insists on his innocence and he hasn't been convicted.'BCSO is now asking for the public's help in locating Case, who could be out of state. Now, the #BradfordCounty Sheriff's Office is asking for help turning Michael Case in. They say he could be out of state. #ANjaxBREAKING https://t.co/QnMNx5dXlo-- Russell Colburn (@RussellANjax) May 24, 2017 We looked into Case's past criminal history and found that in 2006, he was found guilty of battery with great bodily harm causing permanent disability.He has also been found guilty of driving under the influence and driving with a suspended license.This is a developing story. Refresh this page, follow @ActionNewsJax on Twitter and watch Action News Jax for updates.

The Latest News Videos