ON AIR NOW

LISTEN NOW

Weather

partly-cloudy-tstorms-day
79°
Mostly Cloudy
H 93° L 77°
  • partly-cloudy-tstorms-day
    79°
    Current Conditions
    Mostly Cloudy. H 93° L 77°
  • cloudy-day
    78°
    Morning
    Mostly Cloudy. H 93° L 77°
  • cloudy-day
    90°
    Afternoon
    Mostly Cloudy. H 92° L 77°
LISTEN
PAUSE
ERROR

The latest top stories

00:00 | 00:00

LISTEN
PAUSE
ERROR

The latest traffic report

00:00 | 00:00

LISTEN
PAUSE
ERROR

The latest forecast

00:00 | 00:00

Celebrity News

      Top U.S. ski champion Bode Miller and his wife, Morgan, lost their youngest child, Emeline “Emmy” Grier Miller, in a pool drowning accident in early June. >> Read more trending news  The grief-stricken couple publicly talked about their loss in late July and now Morgan Miller has shared a heartbreaking photo of the last time she held her 19-month-old daughter. Miller is weeping in the photo as she cradles Emmy, who is hooked up to machines with tubes and wires. “I wish I could have one more day to hold you,” Miller wrote. “Your footprint will forever be left on this world,” she said. Emergency crews were called to the Millers’ home in the upscale gated community of Coto de Caza in Orange County, California, on June 9 on reports of a pool drowning. >> Related: Former Olympic skier Bode Miller's 19-month-old daughter drowns in pool Paramedics tried unsuccessfully to revive the little girl, but she died in the hospital the next day. Emmy was the youngest of the Millers’ four children.
  • Deven Davis, the estranged wife of Korn frontman Jonathan Davis, has died at age 39. >> Read more trending news  “The Davis family is brokenhearted over the devastating loss of Deven Davis,” the family said in a statement to PEOPLE. “We ask that you respect their privacy -- and the privacy of those close to the family -- and allow them the space to mourn in private. We thank you for your love, understanding and prayers of support during this difficult time.” The couple married in 2004 and have two children. The former adult actress’ cause of death has not been released. She reportedly struggled with drug and alcohol abuse for over 20 years, TMZ reported. Jonathan Davis, 47, filed a restraining order against Deven Davis on Friday and was granted a temporary order that prohibited her from visiting the couple’s two children and family dog, TMZ reported. It is unclear whether or not Deven Davis received the restraining order. She was reportedly living in a sober living house at the time of her death, according to TMZ.
  • Musician Nick Jonas confirmed Saturday he’s officially engaged to “Quantico” actress Priyanka Chopra. >> Read more trending news  “Future Mrs. Jonas. My heart. My love,” Jonas posted on Instagram. Chopra expressed her happiness on her Instagram, too. “The only way to do this ... with family and God. Thank you all for your wishes and blessings,” Chopra posted. The couple shared the photos after celebrating a traditional engagement ceremony in Chopra’s hometown of Mumbai, India, CNN reported. Jonas and his parents arrived in India on Thursday night for the ceremony, according to CNN affiliate News 18. The couple has not yet announced how or where they plan to tie the knot. The engagement was first reported in July. Reports said the two were dating in May.
  • The cause of death for actress Charlotte Rae, who died last week at age 92, has been revealed. According to a death certificate for Rae obtained by TMZ, the woman who is best known for playing Mrs. Garrett on sitcoms “Diff’rent Strokes” and “The Facts of Life” died of cardiac arrest. >> Read more trending news  Other contributing factors are listed as metabolic acidosis -- a condition in which too much acid collects in the body -- and carcinoma of the right parotid gland, or salivary gland. Related: Charlotte Rae, ‘Diff’rent Strokes,’ ‘Facts of Life’ house mother, dead at 92 Rae was diagnosed with bone cancer in 2017. She died in her home in Los Angeles, and former co-stars mourned her loss on social media.
  • Actress Jennifer Garner took to Instagram this week to poke fun at herself after she got lost while kayaking in Sweden. >> Read more trending news  Garner and her 12-year-old daughter, Violet, took to the waters while vacationing in Stockholm when something went wrong. Garner admitted they ended up in a shipping lane and had to be rescued. “On a pre-middle-school sneak away with my eldest… Did I get us lost in a kayak? Yes. Did we paddle as hard as we could for 100 hours and end up in a shipping lane? I’m afraid so,” Garner wrote in a post on Instagram on Monday that showed the pair kayaking in silhouette as the sun set behind them. >> Related: Single mother, actress Jennifer Garner says she 'would not have chosen this life'“Did we have to be rescued? Yup,” she said. Garner also praised her daughter, saying Violet never complained about the unusual adventure. >> Related: Jennifer Lawrence, Jennifer Garner, Kate Winslet all stayed in this Atlanta estate The 46-year-old actress has starred in hit film such as “Pearl Harbor” and “Miracles from Heaven.” She has three children with ex-husband, actor Ben Affleck, whom she divorced in 2015.
  • UPDATE, 4:30 p.m. EDT Aug 8:  Brad Pitt said in court documents Wednesday that he has given over $8 million to estranged wife, Angelina Jolie, after their separation over two years ago, according to The Associated Press. The two-page document filed in Los Angeles Superior Court states that Pitt “adamantly disputes the contention that he has not paid significant child support.” The document also stated he loaned Jolie $8 million to buy her current home, and has paid over $1.3 million in bills for the benefit of Jolie and their six children. ORIGINAL STORY, 4:00 p.m. EDT Aug. 7: Documents filed in in Los Angeles Superior Court Tuesday claim that actor Brad Pitt has not paid “meaningful” child support to estranged wife Angelina Jolie in over a year. NBC News reported that the documents, the latest development in the year-and-a-half-long divorce, indicate that Jolie is seeking a court order on this issue. >> Read more trending news  “(Pitt) has a duty to pay child support. As of present, (Pitt) has paid no meaningful child support since separation,' Jolie's attorney, Samantha Bley DeJean, wrote in a two-page brief obtained by NBC News. “Given the informal arrangements around the payment of the children’s expenses have not been regularly sustained by (Pitt) for over a year and a half, (Jolie) intends to file an RFO (request for a court order) for the establishment of a retroactive child support order.” Related: Angelina Jolie files for divorce from Brad Pitt According to NBC News, “meaningful child support” was not defined in the documents. Jolie filed from divorce from Pitt in September 2016, citing irreconcilable differences. The two have six children together. They first met in 2003 and married in 2014 after years of dating. Around the time of the divorce filing, reports claimed Pitt got into an altercation with one of the couple’s children. After an investigation from the Los Angeles County Department of Children and Family Services, Pitt was cleared of the allegations. Related: Angelina Jolie talks about ‘difficult’ divorce from Brad Pitt It’s not clear if Jolie and Pitt have an agreement for providing for their children. An unnamed source told People that the filing “was just to move the process forward.” “The filing today was only intended for the marriage to be dissolved, and before everything else can be dissolved, things have to be done by both parties, including financial disclosure and child support,” the source said. “The dissolution of the marriage will help everyone move forward and work together — as coparents, something they’re committed to. It’s up to the court to come up with a solution good for the kids.” Related: Judge to Angelina Jolie: Give Brad Pitt more access to kids or risk losing custody In June reports said a judge warned Jolie that she may lose custody of her kids if she did not give Pitt more access to them. The judge set up a schedule for Pitt to spend time with his children, except for the oldest, Maddox, who is of age to decide on his own how much time he would like to spend with his father. People reported that the children are currently with Jolie in London as she films “Maleficent 2,” but reside in Los Angeles, where Pitt lives.
  • Singer Tamar Braxton is speaking out for the first time about an “unfortunate” exchange she said she had with a Delta Air Lines employee earlier this year. >> Read more trending news  During an interview with TMZ, the singer discussed her interaction with a pilot, who reprimanded her on a flight last month. She said she was “targeted.” The star’s sister Towanda Braxton, who captured the moment on video, said she was ridiculed due to her race. However, Tamar Braxton believes her television persona may have been a factor.  “Because of what people perceived on television is why I was targeted in the first place, and that wasn’t really fair because I did nothing but sit in my seat and put my seat belt on and try to get home to my son,” Tamar Braxton said. “I was targeted because of how someone felt I acted on television.” >> Related: Singer Tamar Braxton on shaving her head Although the songstress said she filed a police report, she is not blaming the entire corporation. “It’s not even the company,” she continued. “Sometimes you just got to get rid of the bad people. It doesn’t mean the company is bad.” Towanda Braxton uploaded a clip of the pilot speaking to Tamar Braxton to her Instagram July 26. “Here’s how this works, my flight attendants work for me. They give orders that come from me, OK? And so if you get an instruction from a flight attendant, I need to know that you are willing and able to do what you are told to do,” the pilot said. “Are you willing and able to do what you’re told to do by a flight attendant? Don’t ask me any questions. Answer yes or no.” When the “Love and War” artist replied, “yes,” the pilot walked away abruptly. Delta later issued a statement to People.  >> Realted: TMZ: 'Braxton Family Values' on hiatus “It’s crucial for the safety of every flight for customers to be willing and able to follow crew instructions,” the airline said. “When these customers exhibited some unusual behavior and refused to acknowledge our flight attendant’s instructions, the captain addressed them directly to ensure the safety and security of the entire flight.”
  • CNN anchor Don Lemon lashed out Monday night at Donald Trump after the president called him “the dumbest man on television” in a tweet Friday night. >> Read more trending news  Lemon aired an interview with basketball great LeBron James on the opening of a new school for 240 at-risk third and fourth graders.  When asked about the president, James said he’d never sit down with Trump, but wouldn’t mind doing so with Barack Obama. Trump, James said, is “trying to divide us.”  Lemon noted that, while Trump has insulted the intelligence of white people, especially women, he said the president seems to target black men and women more often. Trump has also targeted California Congresswoman Maxine Waters, describing her as a “low-IQ individual.”  “Referring to African-Americans as dumb is one of the oldest canards of America’s racist past and present, that black people are of inferior intelligence,” Lemon said.  >> Trending: Child actor Shaun Weiss arrested for public intoxication; stunning mug shot concerns fans “Let me not mince words here,” he said. “This president traffics in racism. And is fueled by bullying.” 
  • Child actor Shaun Weiss, who played the talkative Goldberg in the popular “Mighty Ducks” film trilogy, was arrested over the weekend in Northern California for public intoxication, according to media reports, but even more surprising is the mug shot, showing a gaunt Weiss with a sad, downcast expression. >> Read more trending news  Police in Oroville, California, about an hour outside Sacramento, eventually let Weiss, 38, go without filing charges, according to celebrity website TMZ. This isn’t Weiss’ first run-in with police. He was arrested last year on a charge of possession of a controlled substance, according to People magazine, after he was reportedly caught with methamphetamine. >> Related: Pop star Demi Lovato ‘awake and in stable condition’ after apparent drug overdose After appearing in the “Mighty Ducks” franchise, Weiss landed roles on “Freaks and Geeks,” “King of Queens” and “Boy Meets World,” to name a few of his TV and movie appearances.  
  • Director James Gunn joked about AIDS patients, rape and child rape in a slew of vintage tweets thatgot him booted from the next “Guardians of the Galaxy” movie. >> Read more trending news  The stars want Marvel to hire him back. “Although I don’t support James Gunn’s inappropriate jokes from years ago, he is a good man. I’d personally love to see him reinstated as director of Volume 3,” actor Chris Pratt posted with an open letter he signed along with cast members Zoe Saldana, Bradley Cooper, Dave Bautista, Vin Diesel, Michael Rooker, Karen Gillan, Pom Klementieff and Sean Gunn (James Gunn’s brother). “We fully support James Gunn,” it begins. “We were all shocked at his abrupt firing last week and have intentionally waited these 10 days in order to think pray, listen and discuss.” The letter goes on to say no one defends “his jokes of many years ago” but otherwise makes no mention of the tweets that got Gunn fired. But Walt Disney Studios is not planning to rehire Gunn, Variety reported, citing unnamed sources. Gunn’s among the list of celebrities facing self-inflicted professional wounds from ill-considered tweets.  >> Related: ‘Guardians of the Galaxy’ director James Gunn fired over offensive tweets ABC canceled “Roseanne” after Roseanne Barr’s tweet comparing Obama administration official Valerie Jarrett to an offspring of 'Muslim Brotherhood & Planet of the Apes.' She later said she was referring to anti-Semitism, but the backpedaling didn’t save her job. Atlanta Braves pitcher Sean Newcomb apologized after racist, sexist and anti-gay tweets he posted as a teenager surfaced on Sunday. “It was a long time ago – six, seven years ago – saying some stupid stuff with friends,” he said after the game. I know I’ve grown a lot since then. I didn’t mean anything by it. It was just something stupid that I did a long time ago.” After Monday’s game, Newcomb said he had spoken to his teammates about the situation and felt it was important to apologize immediately after the old tweets became news. “I just really want to apologize,” he said. “I know it was hurtful. That’s not a testament to who I am. I just remain very, very remorseful.” Team and Major League Baseball officials condemned the post and say Newcomb will complete diversity training. Newcomb has deleted his Twitter account. >> Related: Sean Newcomb case serves as a teaching moment  Danica Kombol, a social media strategist and CEO of the Atlanta-based Everywhere Agency, warned that social media fingerprints last forever. “What happens on Twitter stays on Twitter,” she said. “Don’t put anything on social media that you wouldn’t put on the front page of The Atlanta Journal-Constitution.” She doesn’t hold a lot of sympathy for the youthful-indiscretions defense. “Poor Sean, he was a teenager? I don’t think that’s a valid excuse,” she said. “It’s really incumbent upon brands to do their due diligence before they hire people and really do a complete exploration of their complete digital footprint. It couldn’t have been that hard for the Braves to have found this.” Andy Beal, CEO of Reputation Refinery and author of “Repped: 30 Days to a Better Online Reputation,” said the key to recovering from damaging social-media revelations “is to show humility, demonstrate sincerity, and apologize quickly whenever you make a mistake.” He doesn’t think the age of a social media post, or the age of its author at the time it was penned, serves to mitigate career-wounding chatter.  >> Related: Chris Pratt, 'Guardians of the Galaxy' co-stars sign open letter to rehire director James Gunn “While the statute of limitations may protect someone from criminal prosecution, such protection does not apply to the court of public opinion,” he said. “Your online reputation is always the sum of all of your actions, past and present. In addition, it is the sum of the sincerity of your apology, past and present.” “Guardians of the Galaxy vol. 2” was among the Marvel projects to be headquartered at Pinewood Studios in Fayette County, and work on the next in the series had begun. Author and commentator Eric Schiffer, CEO of ReputationManagementConsultants.com, doubts Gunn will be returning for the third installment. “Gunn’s comments are so inconsistent with Disney it would be like killing Mickey Mouse to bring him back and try to mix his brand to what Disney stands for,” Schiffer said. “They’re disgusting and they make you question his rationality. There should be limits on how people speak about children.” Marvel Entertainment is a Disney subsidiary. Gunn, who turns 52 on Sunday has apologized for the vile tweets, saying he has grown as a person in the years since they were posted. Few of the offending messages can be printed or posted in a family newspaper and its online site - and they’ve been scrubbed from Gunn’s Twitter account. But Internet sleuths have posted screen grabs that will live on forever. >> Related: James Gunn got testy with a fan at Atlanta’s Plaza Theatre “Just made a joke about (expletive) raping my friend when she was asleep,” he tweeted in August 2008. In April 2011 he tweeted, “I want to go big game hunting but know it’s morally questionable. so I’m going to split the difference and go big game raping.” Several other posts describe various sex acts involving children, some using lewd terms. “Three Men and a Baby They Had Sex With,” Gunn tweeted in June 2012, with the hashtag #unromantic movies. In December 2012 he posted, “Eagle Snatches Kid” is what I call it when I get lucky.” Metro Atlanta app developer Sal Principato spends much of his professional life online and warns young practitioners to post with the future in mind. “There isn't anything you can do to be 100 percent safe from any future repercussions based on what you post or tweet,” he said. “Any machine that touched the data you transmitted could be cached and recovered at anytime, given enough resources.” Disney wasted little time in severing ties with Gunn after the posts surfaced. 'The offensive attitudes and statements discovered on James’ Twitter feed are indefensible and inconsistent with our studio’s values, and we have severed our business relationship with him,' Walt Disney Studios chairman Alan Horn said in a statement at the time. >> Related: James Gunn’s dog ate pot-infused coffee beans during filming in Atlanta and nearly died But Gunn has attracted other high-profile support in addition to the “Galaxy” cast; actress Selma Blair left Twitter in a show of solidarity. Meanwhile, Barr took to Twitter to weigh in. “I’m disgusted to read all of the support for James Gunn’s pedophile jokes,” she posted. “The same people supported blacklisting me for a joke they didn’t even understand.”