On Air Now

Listen Now

Weather

cloudy-day
46°
Partly Cloudy
H 72° L 52°
  • cloudy-day
    46°
    Current Conditions
    Partly Cloudy. H 72° L 52°
  • cloudy-day
    70°
    Afternoon
    Partly Cloudy. H 72° L 52°
  • cloudy-day
    61°
    Evening
    Partly Cloudy. H 70° L 60°
Listen
Pause
Error

The latest top stories

00:00 | 00:00

Listen
Pause
Error

The latest traffic report

00:00 | 00:00

Listen
Pause
Error

The latest forecast

00:00 | 00:00

local
AMBER Alert: Two children, mother located safe
Close

AMBER Alert: Two children, mother located safe

AMBER Alert: Two children, mother located safe

AMBER Alert: Two children, mother located safe

UPDATE 6 AM:  FDLE reports the children and their mother were located safe. The AMBER Alert has been cancelled. 


ORIGINAL STORY:  An AMBER Alert has been activated across Florida for two missing kids and their mother. Titusville Polilce say 3-year-old Lloyd Burson Jr. and 5-year-old Angel Burson were kidnapped by their father, Lloyd Burson Sr. 

He is also accused of kidnapping the kids’ mother, Melanie Martin.  Police say they were headed north on I-95 toward Volusia County in a blue, full-sized SUV.

Anyone with information about the whereabouts of the family is urged to contact the Titusville Police Department at (321) 264-7800 or Crimeline at 1-800-423-TIPS.


Amber Alert Issued for Armed Kidnapping https://www.titusville.com/News.asp?NewsID=1459

Posted by Titusville Police Official Page on Wednesday, November 13, 2019


Read More

The Latest News Headlines

  • A suspect died Friday morning after opening fire at Florida’s Naval Air Station Pensacola, killing at least three people and injuring seven others. >> Read more trending news  Authorities said the shooting was reported just before 7 a.m. local time in a classroom building at NAS Pensacola. Responding deputies with the Escambia County Sheriff’s Office exchanged gunfire with the suspected shooter, killing him, officials said. Update 9:30 p.m. EST Dec. 6: The shooter has been identified as Mohammed Saeed Alshamrani according to WKRG. He is one of hundreds of international military members who are receiving training there. In a news conference Friday night, the FBI declined to comment on his possible motivations. “There are many reports circulating, but the FBI deals only in facts,” said Rachel L. Rojas, the FBI’s special agent in charge of the Jacksonville Field Office. “This is still very much an active and ongoing investigation.” Update 2:25 p.m. EST Dec. 6: Authorities declined to confirm the identity of the person who shot several people Friday morning at Naval Air Station Pensacola, killing three people before being shot and killed by deputies. “I think there’s obviously going to be a lot of questions about this indivdual being a foreign national, being a part of the Saudi Air Force and then to be here training on our soil and to do this,” Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis said Friday morning at a news conference. “The FBI is working with (the Department of Defense), they’re working with (the Florida Department of Law Enforcement), they’re working with Escambia County sheriff’s to answer those questions.” DeSantis said he spoke earlier Friday with President Donald Trump. “One of the things that I talked to the president about is given that this was a foreign national in the employ of a foreign service ... obviously the government of Saudi Arabia needs to make things better for the victims,' DeSantis said. 'I think that they, they are going to owe a debt here, given that this was one of their individuals.” Authorities confirmed at a news conference that the suspect used a handgun in Friday’s shooting. Capt. Tim Kinsella, commanding officer of NAS Pensacola, said the suspect was at NAS Pensacola for aviation training. Earlier in the day, deputies said the suspect opened fire just before 7 a.m. local time in a classroom building at NAS Pensacola. Authorities continue to investigate. Update 1:45 p.m. EST Dec. 6: Authorities in Pensacola are expected to provide an update Friday afternoon on the investigation into the deadly shooting at Naval Air Station Pensacola that left four people dead. Update 1:20 p.m. EST Dec. 6: President Donald Trump said Friday afternoon that he’s spoken to Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis and received a full briefing on the deadly shooting at Naval Air Station Pensacola. “My thoughts and prayers are with the victims and their families during this difficult time,” Trump said. “We are continuing to monitor the situation as the investigation is ongoing.” Update 12:50 p.m. EST Dec. 6: An official told The Associated Press that the person who opened fire Friday at Naval Air Station Pensacola, killing three people and wounding several others before being shot and killed by authorities, was an aviation student from Saudi Arabia. Authorities are investigating to determine whether the shooting was terrorism-related, according to the AP. Military from around the globe attend the Naval Air Station in Pensacola. Authorities are expected to hold a news conference at 12:30 p.m. local time Friday to update the public on the investigation. Update 11:50 a.m. EST Dec. 6: Authorities expect to hold a news conference at 12 p.m. local time Friday to provide more updates on the shooting that left four people dead at Naval Air Station Pensacola.  Update 11:05 a.m. EST Dec. 6: Authorities said a total of 11 people were injured or killed in Friday morning’s shooting, including the suspected shooter. The injured included two responding deputies with the Escambia County Sheriff’s Office, Sheriff David Morgan said Friday at a news conference. One deputy was shot in the arm and the other was shot in the knee, Morgan said. They were both expected to survive. Morgan described walking through the scene left by Friday’s attack as being similar to “being in a movie.” “You just don’t expect this to happen here at home,” he said. Authorities continue to investigate. Update 10:45 a.m. EST Dec. 6: Officials are holding a news conference to update the public on Friday morning’s deadly shooting at Naval Air Station Pensacola. Update 10:25 a.m. EST Dec. 6: Vice President Mike Pence said he’s monitoring the situation in Florida after a shooting left two victims and a suspect dead at Naval Air Station Pensacola. “Praying for the victims & their families,” Pence wrote Friday morning in a Twitter post. “We commend the first responders for their swift action in taking down the shooter & getting those on base to safety.”  Update 10:20 a.m. EST Dec. 6: White House officials said President Donald Trump has been briefed on the deadly shooting reported Friday morning at Naval Air Station Pensacola.  Update 10:15 a.m. EST Dec. 6: Officials with Naval Air Station Pensacola said the base will closed for the day Friday after a shooting left three people dead earlier in the day. Authorities said at least three people, including the suspected shooter, were killed in the incident. Reports indicated at least eight other people were wounded in the shooting. The incident happened two days after authorities said a U.S. sailor shot and killed two civilian employees before turning the gun on himself at the Pearl Harbor Naval Shipyard. One other person was injured in that shooting. Naval Air Station Pensacola employs more than 16,000 military and 7,400 civilian personnel, according to officials. Update 10:10 a.m. EST Dec. 6: Sen. Marco Rubio, R-Florida, said his office has been in “close contact with all the relevant officials & closely monitoring events” after a shooter opened fire at Naval Air Station Pensacola on Friday morning, killing two people. Authorities said the shooter also died. “Please pray for everyone impacted by this horrible situation,” Rubio said in a Twitter post. Update 10 a.m. EST Dec. 6: A spokesman at Ascension Sacred Heart Hospital told CNN that hospital officials expected to get three patients who had been injured in Friday morning’s shooting, down from the six expected earlier in the day. Hospital spokesman Mike Burke told the news network most victims were taken to Baptist Hospital because of its proximity to the base. Kathy Bowers, a spokeswoman for Baptist Hospital, earlier told the Pensacola News Journal that the hospital had received five patients wounded in Friday’s shooting. Update 9:45 a.m. EST Dec. 6: Officials with the U.S. Navy have confirmed that a second person has died after a shooter opened fire Friday morning at Naval Air Station Pensacola.  Update 9:35 a.m. EST Dec. 6: Officials told the Pensacola News Journal two people were confirmed dead after Friday morning’s shooting, in addition to the shooter. Naval officials previously said at least one person had been killed. Update 9:20 a.m. EST Dec. 6: At least 11 people were hospitalized in the immediate aftermath of Friday’s deadly shooting, according to The Associated Press. Ascension Sacred Heart spokesman Mike Burke told the AP six people were taken to the hospital after a shooter opened fire at Naval Air Station Pensacola early Friday. The Pensacola News Journal previously reported five other people were taken to Baptist Hospital with injuries. Naval officials said at least one victim was killed in Friday’s shooting. Authorities continue to investigate. Update 9:10 a.m. EST Dec. 6: Officials with the U.S. Navy said at least one person died Friday morning in a shooting at Naval Air Station Pensacola in Florida. Authorities said the suspected shooter was also dead Friday morning. Update 9 a.m. EST Dec. 6: An official with Baptist Hospital told the Pensacola News Journal five patients were taken to the hospital after Friday morning’s reported shooting. Authorities continue to investigate. Update 8:55 a.m. EST Dec. 6: Authorities with the Escambia County Sheriff’s Office said a suspected shooter was dead Friday morning at Naval Air Station Pensacola. Original report: Authorities are responding Friday morning to reports of shots fired at Naval Air Station Pensacola, according to base officials. Authorities at NAS Pensacola said both gates to the base were closed Friday morning as authorities investigated. Officials with the U.S. Navy said the base was on lockdown around 7:45 a.m. local time. A spokeswoman for ECSO told the Pensacola News Journal deputies were working to “take down” what was described as an active shooter around 7:30 a.m. local time. Officials with the Escambia County Sheriff’s Office told WEAR-TV injuries were reported. Details on the number of people wounded and the extent of their injuries was not immediately available. The Associated Press contributed to this report. Check back for updates to this developing story.
  • For the people who work for Cure Violence, their mission is personal. Rod Lawson told Action News Jax he lost a brother and nephew back-to-back to gun violence.  “I know the pain it brings to the family,” he said. “I know the pain we’re still going through.”  Anthony Smith said he’s experienced the same pain – on the job.  “When I went to the shooting response, I found out it was my family member, my nephew, is the one that got shot that was lying in the house dead,” he said.  Lawson and Smith are among 15 violence interrupters that go into neighborhoods to try to stop retaliation.  In the six months since Cure Violence rolled out in Jacksonville, the city says interrupters mediated 52 conflicts in the streets.  The city says they stopped 37 shootings, 11 of which they believe would’ve been deadly.  “That’s them working with two parties that have a conflict and getting them to resolve that peacefully,” Damian Cook said.  Cook is the Cure Violence implementation director. Action News Jax asked Cook if the city considers Cure Violence a success, despite all the recent shootings. That includes 11 just this week.  “We are seeing the results. It would’ve been much worse, unfortunately. That’s what we see from this,” he said.  He and the men working on the front lines to stop the violence say changes won’t come overnight.  “It’s gonna work, and their minds are changing,” Smith said. “I understand how you feel but we don’t need to take the initiative to retaliate on anybody. Let’s stop it right now and let’s move forward.”  Lawson said if he can help save at least one life, that means a lot to him.  “We just started up. Just give us time. We can’t stop everything. I can’t stop everything. Just give us time, and we need people to help us too,” he said.  Action News Jax also talked with a UF Health Jacksonville trauma surgeon who treats a lot of shooting victims.  She said they’re working on adding another person to the Cure Violence team who would respond directly to the hospital after a shooting.
  • A new 5G cell phone tower in Ponte Vedra Beach continues to cause outrage and alarm. Action News Jax first told you in May when Bolles parents pushed back because they said the tower was too close to campus.  Action News Jax learned the Planning and Zoning Agency approved new plans to move it away from the school and onto the south side of the property.  The relocation area is 1,315 feet SSW of the previously-approved location, approximately 1,465 feet from the Bolles School, and 925 feet from the nearest residential structure.  Peter Kemp lives in the Woodlands Creek neighborhood and said neighbors are upset.  “Now they’re just punting it over to our side,” Kemp said.'  Kemp said parents are afraid of potential health risks.  “If it’s a concern for Bolles it should be concerned for residence in this neighborhood too,” Kemp said.  He said it’s also an eyesore.  “People might not want to buy this neighborhood and decrease our value of our property,” Kemp said.  Kemp said neighbors plan to appeal the decision.
  • OneBlood, a local blood donation center, is asking donors to help replenish its supply after rushing blood to Pensacola to help meet the needs of the victims of a mass shooting at NAS Pensacola. In a press release, OneBlood said its quick response to the tragedy helped Pensacola hospitals treat the wounded and met the immediate needs of the victims.  The area does need to replenish its supply of blood and platelets, however.  OneBlood is asking all eligible donors to make a donation by visiting a donor center, Big Red Bus blood drive, or making an appointment online at oneblood.org.  Donors should be 16 years or older and weight at least 110 pounds.
  • Victor W. Gonzalez is a U.S. Army veteran who spent 24 years serving his country.  Gonzalez was born in the mountains of Cayey, Puerto Rico.  As general manager for Crowley Solutions, he was honored to hear his company would team up with Wreaths Across America so wreaths can be placed on the headstones of fallen soldiers in Puerto Rico.  “What a great way to commemorate that and, you know, actually validate their service by having an event like this,” Gonzalez said.  Every December Wreaths Across America delivers wreaths to the graves of fallen soldiers at national cemeteries across the country, but in the past they’ve always had difficulties sending wreaths to the island.  That’s why Crowley Maritime Corporation is stepping in to provide a service that would typically cost them $17,000 at no cost.  “They mentioned that Puerto Rico was the biggest challenge to get the wreaths there because they were using air freight, which is a lot more expensive, and we thought we could completely help with that, absolutely,” Parker Harrison, the senior vice president of Crowley said.  The wreaths will leave Friday in temperature controlled containers and be loaded up on the ship El Coqui bound for San Juan.  'Basically what the eagle represents in the United States, a coqui represents to Puerto Rico. Once you land and it's sunset, there's no doubt you're in Puerto Rico because you will hear the coqui all over,' Gonzalez said.  Crowley is helping to ship a total of 6,500 wreaths that will make their to the island by Monday.  Once there, they’ll be placed on graves at the Puerto Rico National Cemetery on Dec. 14 as part of Wreaths Across America’s Mission.  'It’s the meaning that they’re not forgotten,' Gonzalez said.  In addition, Crowley is also donating $30,000 to help the organization bring wreaths to fallen heroes buried at national cemeteries across the U.S. and overseas.

The Latest News Videos