The City of Jacksonville’s Keep Jacksonville Beautiful is looking for volunteers for their annual Florida Coastal Cleanup event. The cleanup is on Sept. 19 from 8 a.m. until 11 a.m.
Volunteers will pick up litter on the beach and record it on a data card.
Bag and gloves will be provided.
Volunteers do not have to preregister for the event, but must be over 18 or accompanied by an adult.
Here’s a list of locations where the cleanup will take place:
- Jacksonville Beach Pier -503 First N. St.
- Atlantic Blvd. -At the ocean
- Seagate Avenue & 20th Avenue N. -At the ocean
- Beach Blvd. - At the ocean
- Blue Cypress Park - 4012 University Boulevard N.
- Boone Park - 3700 Park St. B
- Burnett Park - 3740 Burnett Park Road
- Castaway Island Preserve - 2921 San Pablo Road S.
- Hollybrook Park - 319 Cherokee St.
- Lonnie Wurn Boat Ramp - 4131 Ferber Road (8 a.m. – 10 a.m.)
- Kathryn Abbey Hanna Park - 500 Wonderwood Drive, Atlantic Beach
- Murray Hill - 1120 Edgewood Ave. (Meet at Community Loaves Bakery)
- Oceanway Community Center - 12215 Sago Ave. (8 a.m. – 10 a.m.)
- Reddie Point Preserve - 4499 Yachtsman Way
- T.K. Stokes Boat Ramp - 2120 Riverview St.
- Walter Jones Historic Park - 11964 Mandarin Road
*Note: Locations and times are subject to change.