JACKSONVILLE BEACH, Fla. - Lanes in Jacksonville Beach were closed for at least eight hours following a fatal crash involving a car and a pedestrian on Thursday.
The crash happened at 11:54 p.m. in the 800 block of 2nd Street North.
Bryn Turner, 22, of South Carolina was killed, according to the Jacksonville Beach Police Department, after he was struck by a car traveling south in the area. Police say Turner was in the roadway.
Turner was pronounced deceased at the scene.
JBPD said the driver identified as Joshua Lovingood,31, of Jacksonville was not injured.
Police suspect speed and alcohol played a factor in the crash.
Charges are pending.
- Mom of girl seen licking medical equipment in Jacksonville-area doctor's office arrested
- JSO search for hit-and-run driver accused of striking car, then pedestrian in Jacksonville
- Restaurant Report: Jacksonville Metro Diner location cited for violations
- "Up to 100 diners" say they got sick from parasite in food at local restaurant
- Michigan couple pays tribute to Trump with MAGA-themed wedding
- Florida Burger King customers tell Spanish-speaking manager to 'speak your Mexican at home'