JACKSONVILLE, Florida None - St. Johns County Fire Rescue responded to a reported commercial structure fire at the TPC Clubhouse located on Championship Way at approximately 2:45am Friday.
Upon arrival on scene crews found no signs of fire or smoke, but could hear audible smoke alarms sounding.
Crews made access into the unoccupied building on the lower basement level and found light smoke but no fire.
Firefighters began to investigate and found a banquet storage room with water and smoke coming from under the door.
Firefighters made entry into the room with a charged hoseline and found an activated fire sprinklers system, heavy smoke but no additional fire.
Upon investigation of the room, it appears the fire started in a laundry bin and was quickly extinguished by the activation of two (2) fire protection sprinklers located in the storage room.
Firefighters quickly removed the laundry bin from the building and began the process of searching for any additional fire and evacuating the remaining smoke and water from the facility.
Damages to the structure are very limited due to the nature of construction and location of the fire.
Fire damages were contained to the laundry cart thanks to quick containment by the building sprinkler system.
Some contents of the room did sustained water damage as a result of the sprinkler activation, but initial estimates limit total damages to $15,000.
There were no injuries reported as a result of this fire and the official cause is listed as accidental.