Jacksonville, FL — With several potential options on the table, including Lot J near the stadium, JEA hopes to make decision on where to either move or build their new downtown headquarters by this December.
It's the timeline established during Monday's board meeting, as members believe it's better to act sooner, than later.
With JEA considering a number of factors in this decision, including an opportunity for culture change, one member brought up the idea of adding an 'innovation center' to the new building, where customers would have the opportunity to come in and see new products being offered, understand how solar could transform their home, and more.
Monday's meeting was designed to be informative with no final decision reached.
However, a handful of potential options were presented to the board, including the following:
- Block 48 new construction (A new 7 to 8-story building and parking structure on a vacant property adjacent to the courthouse)
- One Enterprise Center leased space
- Bank of America leased space
- Anchor tenant for new development connecting the Downtown Core with the Cathedral District
- Anchor tenant for new development in Entertainment District in Lot J
To see more renderings of the possible locations, click HERE.