ST. JOHNS COUNTY, Fla. — St. Johns County will be providing free sandbags at six locations throughout the county in preparation for Hurricane Isaias.
The sand and the bags will be provided free of charge starting at 9 a.m. tomorrow and the sites will close at 5 p.m.
Residents must provide their own transportation and shovels and will be responsible for filling their own bags. There is a limit for 20 bags per person.
The sites are:
- Windswept Acres Park, 5335 SR A1A South
- Mills Field, 1805 Racetrack Road in the overflow parking area
- North Beach Park, 3721 Coastal Highway (at the walkover)
- Hastings Community Center, 6195 S. Main Street (behind the building)
- Palm Valley, Under the Palm Valley Bridge on the east side of the Intracoastal Waterway
- Sims Pit, 536 S. Holmes Boulevard
For additional information on the sandbags, call 904-824-5550.