Jacksonville, FL — Just over one year after Dr. Nikolai Vitti took a job in Detroit, the search continues for the next Duval County Public Schools superintendent.
On Monday, the Duval County School Board narrowed their search from a list of 29 candidates down to 6 semi-finalists candidates.
Out of the list, four are sitting superintendents. Two on the list also have former experience in Duval County.
The list of semi-finalists includes the following:
- -Dr. Sito Narcisse: Current Chief of Schools in metro Nashville Public Schools
- -Dr. Erick Pruitt: Current area Superintendent at Houston Independent School District
- -Dr. Diana Green: Current superintendent in Manatee County. Began teaching in Duval
- -Harrison Peters: Current Chief of Hillsborough County Schools. Began teaching in Orlando.
- -Dr. Michael Dunsmore: Current superintendent in Wayne County, North Carolina.
- -Frederick Heid: Current Superintendent of Community School District 300 in Illinois. Former Chief Academic Officer in Duval.
The next step in the superintendent process is bringing in the candidates for interviews. That's currently scheduled for May 11th and 12th.