Helping small businesses impacted by coronavirus. Starting Tuesday, small businesses in St. Johns County that were impacted by the coronavirus pandemic can start applying for the county's Back to Business Grant Program. The online application opens at 9AM and paper applications will not be accepted. The county says the program allows for qualifying small businesses to receive to up $10,000 per business to offset costs like payroll, rent or mortgage, and utilities.
The county says in order to be eligible for the program businesses must:
- Have experienced Disruption and/or Loss of Income due to COVID-19 Crisis and/or public health Emergency Orders.
- Own or lease space at a physical location zoned for business operations in St. Johns County as of March 17, 2020.
- Be registered with FL Division of Corporations and/or licensed under FL Business and Professional Regulation
- Have earned less than $5 Million in Annual Gross Income for 2019.
- Have 75 or fewer employees as of March 17, 2020.
- Show proof of Employees paying Payroll Taxes prior to March 17, 2020.
- Have been operating for at least one (1) year prior to March 17, 2020. No Start-Up Businesses eligible.
- Be current on St. Johns County Business Taxes.
- Have no pending petition for bankruptcy protection, No Claims; Not on HUD Debarred List.
- Not be a Non-Profit Organization.
- Cannot operate as a Home-Based Business.
- Not be receiving Unemployment Insurance Benefits if a Sole Proprietor.
The county says the application period will close at 5PM on June 1st and applicants will be chosen by an independent contractor. The money will be dispersed electronically.
If you have any questions or if you need help with your application, you can call the county at 904-209-1278 between 8AM and 5PM Monday through Friday.
You can start the application process by clicking here.